* Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog *

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

La Gaillard boutiqe mode ecologique

"The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping: Insider Tips, Helpful Hints, Hip Shops" by Melody Fortier was the catalyst for my journey across the border in the first place.  The author lists La Gaillarde as a Great Source for Vintage and I had to see for myself.  What I stumbled upon was so much more and I was fortunate to have a moment to speak to the store's stylist extraordinaire as well as its talented and dedicated fashion repurposer.  Although the store carries a lovely selection of vintage clothing and accessories (I purchased a charming Pierre Cardin scarf and tuxedo style mock blouse bib) the overall purpose of the store was to emphasize reuse in all of its forms.  This non-traditional, not-for-profit retail establishment is a collaborative of the fashionable.  In a nut shell, pre-loved clothing is cut and resewn into fashion forward/ avant garde wearable art.

Search This Blog