* Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog *

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jennifer Parker's Reception at Keinhans was Lovely and Angela Brown was Magnificent

I got the photos from the evening with Angela Brown.  Her voice is amazing and you can feel her spirit release from her mouth as her verdian soprano sound transports us emotionally aaahhhhh...Madame Butterfly.  The VIP reception offered lovely hors d' oveuvres and wine...and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't want to stuff some in a napkin and snack on them later, 'cause they were just that good.  After emerging pre-show to greet VIP guests and snap a couple of pictures, she was off to her dressing room to do whatever majestic women of her caliber do before a show.  We were all given a complimentary cd of her interpretation of classic spirituals along with a signed picture...I will treasure mine always.  Here I'm pictured with Alphonso O'Neil-White, President/CEO of Health Now and Jennifer Parker Esq. President/CEO Black Capital Network.  Dinner hour came and Oliver's Restaurant did not disappoint.  The Mary Seton Room, with its calming acoustics, boasted a sea of smiling brown-hues that were dressed impeccably and fully credentialed.  And then she came out.  And then she sang.  And then she gave us the play-by-play "sista-girl" explanation/description of events.  It was fun.  I meant it when I told her that [her] "voice sounds as if her vocal cords where dipped in warm honey."  She giggled at the description...and I don't blame her. 

Search This Blog