* Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog * Spiced Apples Blog *

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

London Has Great Hats!





It seems that I picked the right time to visit London.  This fall had record breaking temperatures and lots of sunshine.  While perusing the vintage shops with a friend I was struck by the most clever and creative hats I have seen in a long time.  Brick Lane at the Old Truman Brewery has a best kept secret in fine millinery.  Edie Obilaso is a genius at making comical toppers for the perfect finishing touch to any ensemble.  I wanted the designer to pose for a picture wearing one of her creations but alas...she's camera.  I was invited to tour her East London Studio but my schedule just didn't permit.  Make no mistake this woman is gifted and she apprenticed under the best in the business including a woman who makes hats for major motion pictures and other important stuff!  I Love London and I love my new hat.


Search This Blog